As a business owner, I know how frustrating it is to handle the bookkeeping side of your business. Having a CRM like Dubsado or 17hats, although very helpful, doesn’t always do everything we need it to do. I brought in an expert to talk about all her tips when it comes to connecting Quickbooks online with Dubsado. Scroll down to see our interview about how the two software connects and then her video walking you through the tech side of the integration.
Melissa Whaley is a licensed Tax Pro, Financial Strategist, and California Momma of 3. She works virtually with creative business women, entrepreneurs, and solopreneurs who light up over their work and freak out over their numbers. She helps you create accounting systems that flow easily and turn those tax panic attacks into plans of attack.
Connect with Melissa
What is in this video?
- 2:20 How to avoid the “hot mess” of accounting
- 3:23 The common misconceptions
- 5:39 What to consider before connecting Dubsado to QBO
- 7:33 What to look for when hiring a bookkeeper or tax professional
- 10:43 Is a CRM like Dubsado or 17hats enough for your bookkeeping
- 13:04 The integration options & how to avoid common errors
- 15:37 The determining factor in your business on how to adjust the settings
- 16:18 Auto-recording without double counting income
- 17:58 Choosing between stripe, square, and PayPal
- 18:48 Connecting stripe, square, and PayPal to Quickbooks Online
- 22:42 How to handle third-party processing fees
- 24:10 Do I need to claim my bank fees?
- 25:50 The bonus to using Dubsado with stripe, square, and PayPal
- 28:01 Charging you clients for third-party fees
- 31:28 Soloproneur tips for handling your own bookkeeping (the magic plus button)